12/10/19

Regional Communications Supervisor

I can officially share some exciting news with you all.



I applied for our opening supervisor position, interviewed, was offered the position, and accepted it.  Starting December 29th, my new title will be Regional Communications Supervisor.

I am really excited for the new opportunity and also slightly nervous.  I will have some new stuff to learn and will have to master the art of managing people.  I am up for whatever comes my way.

I’ve proved time and time again to myself that I can do hard things.  There will be some tough days but I am also positive there will be some rewarding days too.  While I have not wanted to promote in the past, I have been thinking about it over this last year.  I didn’t expect a supervisor position to become available quite this soon.  

When the announcement came out for our opening/recruitment, I made a list of pros and cons and really thought about it for two weeks.  I reached out to a few people for letters of recommendation, read through all my prior yearly evaluations, read over several policies, and met with both HR personnel and a patrol sergeant so I could master some interviewing techniques.  Even if I was not chosen, I was going to give it my best shot.  

They did choose me and I am believer that things work out as the should.  So, this is where I am supposed to be and this the next phase of work/life.



I learned a lot about myself during the months I spent at Nampa Police.  While that experience really bruised me and almost broke me, I am a stronger dispatcher because of it.  I plan to take those skills I have learned with me as I navigate this new adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Congratulations!