12/1/19

Week Three On The Purple Plan And Still Going Strong


I’ve got another successful week of navigating the Purple Plan complete.  It is feeling a lot easier to work the Purple Plan even though it still takes a lot of planning.  Part of what makes it work so well is that I am less social right now being on the graveyard shift.  There is a chance I could end up on night shift the entire next year…but we will see what transpires.

I am really motivated to reach my goals.  The more days in a row I am on track, the better I feel, and the easier it is to stay on track.  I didn’t have any issue navigating Thanksgiving.

I planned a high point day and not earning a blue dot on both Wednesday and Thursday.  I didn’t anticipate sleeping so poorly on Wednesday night thus starting our Thursday much earlier than expected.  We went home from the night stay at The Grove Hotel and made breakfast, which really saved on points and started my Thanksgiving Day off on the right foot.

I had planned to track and I had planned to use my WSPA, which I was saving as well as adding some rollover points.  All morning I saw Instagram posts about “not tracking” and “it’s just one day.”  The thing is, I work night shift, so just one day spans into a really long day.  I knew I still needed to have some form of tracking and accountability so I didn’t blow it completely.




I was also super exhausted from the lack of sleep and decided not to nap before Thanksgiving festivities started at 1pm.  Even though I pre-tracked two glasses of Cense Wine, I knew drinking wasn’t going to help me tired state.  I also planned ahead with and brought some mocktail items with me, which really helped cut down on the alcohol points.  There was way more food than I anticipated (but should have guessed with my family) and also a TON of appetizers.  I was encouraged to partake in some appetizers, which I had a couple bites, and then waited until the main dinner.

Oh man…what a yummy dinner it was.  I was stuffed!!!  So, that made indulging in dessert that much less appealing.  And, I have been feeling so good being off sugar that I didn’t really have the desire to graze.  I brought some Trader Joe’s triple ginger cookies, which were amazing!  The have real ginger in them so they have a bit of a spice to each bite I wasn’t expecting.  I actually off loaded all the remainder of the cookies to my parents, aunts and uncle.  See…planning ahead on keeping those splurges out of my house!

My evening/early morning eats at home were a mish-mash of this and that but I tracked it all the best I could and was back to earning my blue dots Friday – Sunday. 

I also got back into activity on Friday and even earned my November Apple Watch Activity Challenge Award a day early.  We are closing out the 11th consecutive month of awards and I’m eager to see what December holds.




I have no idea what to expect this week, of course, I am expecting a loss.  I had a great week regardless of what that scale says.  I’ll report back tomorrow.

No comments: