12/2/19

Weekly WI: An Unexpected Gain


This is me from three years ago when I weighed 246 pounds.

 


It is mindboggling at times to reflect back on how I allowed myself to re-gain so much weight.  I was ignoring all the signs that go along with weight gain.  I had gotten pretty miserable again.  One day, I just said enough was enough and took control again.

That was 44 pounds ago.  Over just the last three years, I have lost 35 pounds.  It wasn’t always easy and it was a heck of a lot slower than my first weight loss journey down the scale.  But somehow, I managed to keep going.  I continued to dig deep and stay the course, even when the course took me off-roading for a bit. 

Eventually, I always find my way back.

WW has always been important to me and it continues to be important to me.  It was actually 13 years ago in December that I knew I needed to make some changes to my life.  Even the smallest steps, over time, helped improve my life so much.  It never has to be a huge overhaul.  We think it does, but it doesn’t.  Small changes, over time, will yield big results. 

But you do have to put in some work.  And you have to make sure you bring a lot of faith with you.

My Weekly WI didn’t reflect how good of a week I had.  But that is okay.

 


There isn’t anything this week that I would change so I’ll just keep it truckin’ along.
 
 

No comments: