7/23/13

Build Me A Salad


Salad is the topic of our WW meeting this week.

I looooove me a good salad bar.  I talked about a few in my restaurant post.  Sizzler, SouperSalad, Idaho Pizza Company, and Flying Pie Pizza all have what I consider a great salad bar.

I am not a huge veggie fan so I hate going to a place with a salad bar that is just lettuce and a few other items.  Most veggies are 0 PPVs so I want the most bang for my zero-point buck!

The number one ingredient that makes a salad bar the BOMB is pineapple.  I love pineapple on my salad.  A very close second is beans.  I love kidney and garbanzo bean and both are usually offered on a salad bar.  I also like some sort of protein.  The bummer with salad is that it fills me up but often won’t hold me over for long.

I go to SouperSalad a lot.  They have a nice assortment on their salad bar along with low PPV soup options.  It is a healthy meal any day of the week.  I frequent Fridays for clam chowder which is only 2 PPVs per bowl.










SouperSalad also offers an assortment of prepared salads.  I have never tired any.  They have pudding, fruit, bread, pizza, tacos, potatoes, and pasta.  Their breadsticks and baked sweet bread are delicious!  The breadsticks are 3 PPV each and the sweet bread is 5 PPVs each.  I don’t usually partake.  It is hard to just have one and the points add up quick.  The pizza is good and is 2 PPVs per slice.  Very reasonable but it is also a very thin pizza.











I didn’t get any photos of the ice cream!  They have an ice cream maker with cones and other toppings.  An ice cream cone is 3 PPVs and I will typically have one.  They serve a low-fat non-dairy ice cream and it tastes really good but is usually very soft.  I don’t think their machine can keep up with the amount of people that eat there.

Here was my salad plate as I was building it last Friday. 

I start with the lettuce base and add carrots, zucchini, and celery.  I have a few cucumbers on the side dipped in my ranch. 


I will add both kinds of beans, turkey ham, and mushrooms. 





They have a really good light ranch and I have that on the side. 


Sadly, no pineapple though. 

What are your favorite salad toppings?

No comments: