7/15/13

Nowotny Annual Hawaiian Party


Every year I have a Hawaiian Party.

It started this annual tradition when I moved into my first apartment in Nampa seven years ago.  I was having a house warming party and went to the Dollar Store for decorations.  It was summertime and Hawaiian themed decorations were on display.  My open house turned into a Hawaiian Party Open House.

I have continued the tradition since meeting/marrying Kenyon and as I moved from from apartment to apartment to house.  It is a way to get my friends together for some summer fun.

Usually I am obsessive about the food I serve at my party and the need to keep it healthy and reduce the junk and sugar is very important.  I also used to really obsess that other people would show up with food I had not planned.  I felt pretty relaxed this year though.   We had great weather too.  Last year it was raining and the party was moved indoors.

Here are some photos from our Hawaiian fun.




The best part of not having to wear actual glasses anymore! 

This is my homemade trifle.  It is layers of pound cake, coconut pudding, whip cream, and a mix of fresh fruits.  Topped with toasted coconut.






















No comments: