7/24/13

Where My Head Is At These Days

I didn’t get on the scale this week at my WW meeting.  I am okay with this decision and sometimes while it can create a “free-for-all” feeling, it won’t this time.  I have August WI on the horizon and I want to be in goal range.  I always want to be in goal range but my August WI will mark another 10 months at goal and I will earn another key charm.  So I must stay focused!

My weight has been hovering around the top of my weight range for a few months now.  This isn’t new territory as I was above goal for four months in 2011.  Much like 2011, I don’t really have any one thing I can pin-point as the cause of my weight being on the high end of my goal.  I wish I could admit that I was cheating and going to the fast food drive-in.  Or that I was eating pizza at night when I should be sleeping.  I am not.  I am not doing anything different then I always do or have for the last four years of maintenance.

I eat healthy, enjoy treats now and then, track, attend my meetings, and exercise.  It is frustrating to feel like I am “doing everything right” and still am not able to bring my weight back down to the lower part of my range.  It can be easy to drive yourself crazy!

I will admit, I was bummed when I got on my scale at home Monday morning to see that I really hadn’t lost anything from last week.  I earned more APs this last week than I have in a while and also hiked the last two weeks as well.  Why am I not seeing my results?  It gets really frustrating sometimes.  It makes it hard to stay the course.  I am not saying I want to go eat a whole pizza and drown my sorrows but it makes healthy meal planning for the next week tough.

To top it all off I have been feeling really bloated and fat.  My feet were swollen on Saturday night.  While I don’t usually experience pre-PMS issues I think I am this month.  I am acting like a bottomless pit where I am just hungry all the time!  In case you are wondering, no I am not pregnant.  I just can’t seem to satisfy my hunger.  The hot weather isn’t helping either. 

Feeling fat just makes for even more frustration.

I decided to step on the scale Tuesday morning.  I am not a daily-weigher but I was curious.  Thankfully, the scale has gone down slightly.  Perhaps my hike on Sunday was still causing some water retention?  Again, one never knows.  We can drive ourselves crazy trying to figure out what the scale is going to do.  It did, however, lift my spirits some and makes staying the course that much easier.

Maintenance is always a surprise.  A perfect WW week could result in a gain and a week where you eat all your WPPAs plus-some can result in a loss.  We never really know what will happen.  I do plan to continue with healthy eating and activity so I can get that 10th Bravo star.

Then, I will continue healthy eating and activity some more.

No comments: