7/14/13

Weight Check-In After 4th of July


I owe you all an update on my McCall work trip over the 4thof July weekend.

After my Tuesday WI that week I had set a goal to come back with a loss.  I wanted to stay focused during my time in McCall and not allow the food to turn into a free-for-all.

First, let’s talk about the food!  Or more so, the SNACKS!

I have been around long enough to know the type of crap that makes its way into the dispatch center.  Most dispatchers are very unhealthy eaters.  Without caffeine and sugar perhaps we couldn’t function during the scope of our job?  I kid…maybe.

I knew my supervisor Marc would have the Mobile Command (MCC) loaded with an assortment of goodies.  And I wasn’t wrong.


However, there were some healthy options in the mix as well.




I had decided before we left for McCall that I would be packing my own healthy snacks.  I was told it would be long hours and that there might be sandwiches provided for lunches.  My fellow coworkers planned our breakfast and dinner meals in advance and also did our grocery shopping before we left town.

I am so glad I came prepared!  I think it was easier to avoid the candy since I had my cheese sticks, carrots, and yogurt.

I had not prepared for the long days we would be working.  It was exhausting.  Despite the fact that we were working 10-14 hour days, we were also getting home at 4am and waking up again at 10am.  It was tough.  I knew if I didn’t stay mindful it would be too easy to “give in” and eat a bunch of junk.

I continued to pack my lunches each day and by Saturday I was really feeling the void of veggies and growing tired of the same lunch items.  My supervisor Marc and I took a break and went to Toll Station Pizza for pizza and their yummy salad bar!


I forgot to take a photo of the pizza but we shared a small Hawaiian and I had two small slices.

The whole weekend wasn’t 100% healthy eating.  I did enjoy some ice cream from Ice Cream Alley and also some homemade ginger cookies from Stacey’s Cakes.  I will always partake in home baked goods!  Wine was also consumed.

When we arrived in town we stopped at the “super secret sandwich place” known as Evening Rise Bakery.  The half sandwich had so much meat on it and was a great deal at $5.24.  




I can't forget to give a shout out to The HUB Mountain House.  Delicious coffee.

Since it was long days I used a lot of PPVs.  I went over my points everyday and by Saturday I had gone through my whole 49 WPPAs as well.  I didn’t have an opportunity to exercise and when there was time I was just too exhausted.

Despite feeling like I did great, I still came back with a one pound gain.

I feel this gain is just temporary and I have been on track this week.  It could have been worse.  I have gone on vacation and come with him a lot of weight to lose.  I didn’t treat this as a vacation and I also had my tracker with me.  I know that helped! 

No comments: