7/26/13

Mini Meatloaf


I can’t remember where I first learned of this mini meatloaf recipe.  It is written on a piece of paper so I am not sure where to give credit.

I love these mini meatloafs and since I started adding liquid smoke and BBQ sauce it makes them very moist and even more delicious.

Here is what you need.


 

Oatmeal (I prefer old fashioned but I am sure instant would work too)
Ground beef, turkey, chicken, etc
Ketchup
BBQ sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Liquid smoke
Green pepper
Egg
Munched onion
**You will find both the Worcestershire sauce and the liquid smoke in the same section and will usually be the BBQ sauce area.  I have really like using liquid smoke in many recipes and it is only $1 a bottle.
**I also use the foil baking cups for ease of clean up.  Meatloaf can stick to the inside of the muffin pan and clean up is tough.  If you have a silicone muffin pan that would make it easy too.


Meatloaf is such an easy dish because it all goes into one bowl, mix with hands, and scoop.  I eyeballed the sauces so I don’t have measurements for those.  But for this round of mini meatloaf I used 8oz of 96/4 ground beef (found at Walmart) and 20 grams of oats.  If you want to use 1 pound of ground beef you will get 8 mini meatloafs and I would also use 40 grams of oats.  You don’t need a lot of sauce as the egg will provide the binding agent.  I add just enough for flavor so maybe a serving of ketchup and BBQ sauce and then a shake or two of the liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce.  I chop up the green pepper into smaller bits and use minced onion as I don’t always have fresh onion on hand.  I used half of the green pepper for this recipe. 
 


 
Mix it all together with your hands until it is all incorporated and scoop into the foil baking cups.  Place on a cookie sheet (sorry mine looks so drab, I usually cover it with foil) and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  I use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. 
I mix a little bit of BBQ sauce, ketchup, liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce to top each mini meatloaf before it goes into the oven.





Serving size is 2 mini meat loafs and 4 PPVs (unless you put in a lot of BBQ sauce and ketchup.


No comments: