7/3/13

July Weigh-In


Well….

…I made my WI for July....

….barely!

This is the photo my leader took.  Hahaha.  She must not have an iPhone.

This is the photo I took.  My iPhone weighs 0.2 pounds.

This is actually the exact same weight I was when I did my WI on June 11th.  Then wewent out of town on our Coeur d’ Alene trip and I came home with an awful gain!

June 11th my weight was 176.8

June 19th my weight was 184

June 25th my weight was 179.2

July 2nd my weight was 176.8

I have had success in bringing my weight back down.  Yeah me!  I also really cleaned up my eating and reduced my sugar this last week in anticipation for July’s WI.  While that is all positive, I am still towing the top of my weight range a little too close for comfort.

The newest WW magazine had a 10 week plan for tips on losing some weight during the summer months.  I read over the actual plan and while it had great tips and tricks, I typically am not in weight loss mode.  However, I do need to drop a few pounds to have a little more breathing room.  I would rather be closer to my goal weight itself and not the top of my weight range.

So, with that, I am going to commit to losing a few pounds.  Perhaps over the next 10 weeks or so.  I would like to maybe focus on losing a pound a month.  I would like to see the scale go down each week but I also know I am realistic in that I don’t like cutting back my food and I don’t plan to miss out on summer social events.

I do need to keep my activity strong and also balance my eating daily/weekly. 

I am headed to McCall Wednesday through Saturday to work with our Mobile Command on the 4th of July detail.  My goal is to have a loss next week.  I am not talking about a huge loss.  Perhaps only a loss of 0.8 pounds.  I don’t want to come back with a gain and have that much more to “work off.”

There will be limited opportunity to exercise and also long work hours.  While I may not have control over my entire environment, I do have control over what I put into my mouth.  There will be ample amounts of snacks and treats in the Mobile Command.  While I can indulge in those treats I am making sure I arm myself with healthy snacks.  I also planned our breakfasts meals and am taking healthy snack stuff and lunch stuff with me as well.  My coworker is planning the dinner meals and I know she is health conscious.

That is kind of where I am at right now.  I don’t want to over think things.  I can start to get really restrictive when I am focusing on the scale.  That is the last thing I need/want.  I need to stay mindful of healthy eating, keep up my activity, and try to cut back a little here and there.

I will keep you posted.

No comments: