7/31/13

Watermelon and Cottage Cheese



 

I am sure the combonation of watermelon and cottage cheese isn’t a new food item to most of you out in the blog world.  I have eaten peaches with cottage cheese many times.  A few weeks ago I had some cottage cheese that needed to be eaten up and a big ‘ol watermelon on hand.  I love watermelon and can eat a whole one in one setting!  Yum!

I eat low fat cottage cheese and a 113 gram serving is 2 PPVs.  Cottage cheese is one of those foods where you don’t get very much for your points value.  Regardless, it is still delicious!


 

I prepped this for work and I might have added a little more watermelon then necessary but this really is close to a serving of watermelon for me.  I just love it.  Plus, it doesn’t keep really long so I feel the need to eat it fast!

By the time I get to work I just pour my serving of cottage cheese over the watermelon and eat it up.  I prefer to pack them separately as the watermelon juices up and I don’t want my cottage cheese to be all soggy.  That sounds funny.  Cottage cheese is sort of soggy to start with.

Regardless, enjoy!


No comments: