7/17/13

Weekly Weigh-In


Food boredom has set in.  I get in a food rut where I don’t fix anything exciting and try to “eat clean.”  Since I didn’t see the loss I expected last week I was on track to seeing a loss this week.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got on the scale and saw a loss of 0.2 pounds.

My iPhone weighs 0.2 pounds.  I was actually 177.6

Why was I surprised?

I had a really great week.  I even went for a hike on Saturday and burned LOTS of calories.  Then Saturday night I didn’t feel satisfied with the dinner I had made and ate while I was working my overtime shift.  Going home and fixing something “healthy” just didn’t sound appealing either.  I called up Kenyon and we went to Costa Vida.

I consider the sweet pork salad as a great choice despite being a WW member.  It is just higher PPV food option.  I love the homemade tortilla.  So delicious!  I ended up using some of my WPPA for the week since I also had some chips and queso.

Sunday rolled around and it was the day I was having my Hawaiian Party.  The day started out with a healthy breakfast.  Then, poor planning followed.  I had not really planned anything to eat before the party started.  I should have had some Greek yogurt or even some of the pulled pork I had prepared.  Kenyon ran to get a Little Cesar’s pizza and so I munched on a slice while I finished the last of the party prep.  I was at least mindful not to make it two…or more…slices.  With a few alcohol drinks and my best guess of 15 PPVs for dessert I was well on my way to using a lot more of my WPPAs and only 9 left for the week.

Monday I seemed to have the “munchies.”  I have noticed that when I eat a lot of PPVs but little actual food, like at a party, I am super hungry the next day.  It is like I just can’t get full.  My healthy breakfast didn’t seem to hold me over.  I made a salad-to-go at SouperSalad and the volume of the veggies helped.  Kenyon suggested going to Old Spaghetti Factory to redeem our free meal we had received for dinner.  I don’t normally like to eat out before WI but since I was thinking my changes of a loss were already slim…”why not.”  We shared the lasagna and tried the toasted ravioli appetizer, which I had two ravioli.  I also had a salad with balsamic on the side and two small slices of bread.  I only ate half of the Spumoni ice cream.

We had been to Cabela’s earlier in the day and I purchased some candied pecans.  Usually a bag of those will last me a while as I whittle away on them slowly.  That was not the case this time as the bag is GONE!  Kenyon baked some Rhodes bread and while I wasn't hungry at all the smell of fresh bread had me consuming three slices, with butter. 
By Tuesday morning I was in the hole by -7 PPVs after using all my 49 WPPAs.

I was going to skip the scale at WI yesterday.  Then I figured that if I did the crime I must pay the time.  To my surprise, I actually had a slight loss.  Could it have been a bigger loss had my last few days gone better?  Probably.  But, it isn’t the end of the world either.

I started Tuesday with my WW meeting and went to my class at the Y.  I like having a shiny new week ahead of me.  I need to do some serious meal planning to shake this boredom!  Also I will keep my exercise momentum going this week as well.

No comments: