11/25/13

I Did Something I Don't Normally Do


I had a beer.

On a weeknight.

Alone in my own home.

It was good.



I am a social drinker. I love wine mostly but since Kenyon doesn't drink I can't really finish a bottle on my own (okay, really I can finish one but never think that is a good idea). So I rarely drink at home.

While prepping/cooking meals for the week I thought beer sounded good. I had a few on hand that I bought in October and cracked one open. I was right...not only did it sound good but it WAS good.

While I am a social drinker I don't drink as much as I did pre-WW. While anything is doable on the program (planning and tracking) the PPVs can add up quick for alcohol. I can also get careless with my calories after drinking. So for the most part I only stick to social drinking and really only about once or twice a month. Sometimes I go several months without a drink.


Oh yes, this beer was consumed on the same night as frozen yogurt.

Hey, sometimes you just gotta live a little.

No comments: