11/27/13

Trans Siberian Orchestra

I went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra for my first time.

They promote the show as a visual display of lights and boy did they deliver. It was as great show. I heard the guy introduce the band saying some had been together for 30 years! Wow. Impressive.

I wasn't sure if you could take photos or not. You aren't allowed at Cirque shows and after I got yelled at by security for taking photos of Carrot Top in Vegas I am a little shy about pulling out my cell phone. However, lots of people were taking photos so I got a brave towards the end of the show. I also knew the fireworks were coming!



 A couple of times during the show the stage moved and platforms came out into the audience.






 There was a small square stage right below where I was sitting. A few times they would get on it, play the guitar and violin, and levitate. There was also fire coming out of it!







 There was a really neat backdrop of a basic building and then lights were used to change the look of it. We saw a church, toy store, hospital, hotel, and castle.














I had good seats for $39, plus taxes and fees. I know the tickets went up into the $100 range if you wanted to sit on the floor. I was really excited to be able to go this year. I loved the show. The fake smoke and the lights do get overwhelming but all and all a lot of fun. I have the CD but never knew the story that goes with the songs.

It really gets you into the Christmas spirit!

No comments: