11/19/13

Living 95% Of Your Life


“I'm not going to miss 95% of life to weigh 5% less”

                                                                    -Dan Pearce


I found this quote off Nichole’s Facebook page.  Nichole is a former Biggest Loser contestant, and one of my favorites.

Obviously weight gain has been the theme of this blog lately.  While I hate to keep echoing that theme it is mostly what is on my mind these days.

I tried cutting back on my food intake this week.  I tried to really focus on Power Foods, getting in healthy foods in general, and to also limiting my sweets.  It has been a successful week.  I was happy with my meal planning/preparations and I stuck to my plan.  I ate out a couple of times and I even had a few desserts. 

I have also been logging miles and earning APs.  So far I have earned 15 APs, all of which I have eaten.  I have only used 11 WPPAs. 

I eat 30 DPA.

In the past weeks I have been eating all my WPPA and all my APs.  It would make sense that I should show a loss.  After all, I have a deficit in my calorie intake since I am eating less WPPAs.

But that was not the case.  I got on the scale yesterday and there wasn’t any change.

::Sigh::

[image source]

I can easily get into the “fuck-it” attitude and not care.  After all, I tried really hard and it didn’t work out.  But that is the wrong attitude to have.  What I need to do is make this next week just as good as the last and then repeat it for another week.

Hopefully I will see my well deserved loss.

I really like the 95% of my life I have been living.  I don’t want to get to obsessive over the 5%.    




No comments: