11/14/13

No Weekly Weight In


I ended up skipping the scale on Tuesday morning and just paying to attend my meeting.  I already knew I would not WI because we ate out the night before.  I am all for getting on the scale and owning up to your gain but not when it isn’t deserved!

I have actually been toying with the idea of just staying off the scale for a while.  I am not sure if I can really do that but my wheels are turning!

I feel like I am in a good place, mentally, if I was to skip getting on the scale each week.  I don’t see this as a reason to go crazy with my food or permission NOT to track or eat clean.  The reason for staying off the scale would simply be to ease some of the stress I am feeling about getting back to goal.

It is disappointing to step on the scale and not see much of a change.  It makes my head hurt thinking about why I can’t seem to drop a large amount of weight in one week.  Don’t get me wrong, the small losses still add up.

That is why I am feeling like I need to stay off the scale and give my body time to show an actual substantial loss.  I talked to my leader and WW’s only requirements are to get on the scale once a month.  So, I could realistically skip the scale portion and just pay $9 and attend my meetings until the first of December.

There is part of me that isn’t sure if I have the willpower not to step on the scale.  I know I need the scale for extra accountability.  It is also not the best idea to be skipping the scale at my current state of about eight pounds over goal.

I honestly feel like I am in a good place to try this experiment.  I just don’t know if I will or not.  I haven’t decided.  I know at the end of my WW week I am eager to step on the scale and see my hard work rewarded.

But as we all know, that doesn’t always happen.  Then the deflated feeling creeps in.

I am writing each day on my tracker “Stay Focused & Positive” as a way to really keep my head in the game.  It is only eight weeks until vacation and I have about eight pounds to lose.  It stresses me out!!!

[image source] 

No comments: