11/8/13

Two Months Until Vacation


I have exactly two months until my Hawaiian vacation!!  What seemed like so long to go (booked this last December/January) feels like it will now be here before I know it!

I am very excited.  I love vacation.  Plus, I love two full weeks (and more with days off) away from work!!!

We will be flying to Hawaii and will spend a few days in Oahu before we board our 7-day cruise.  Our cruise goes to Maui, Kauai, Kona, and Hilo.  We will then spend a few more days on Oahu before we fly home.  This is how you do Hawaii for the first time!!!
 
[image source]

One of the many things I love about WW and my weight loss/maintenance is the ability to fit into my clothes from year-to-year and season-to-season.  I love not having to struggle or worry about what still fits and the hassle of finding replacement summer clothes in the middle of winter.

For this reason it is more important than ever that I continue to work towards getting back into goal range.  I REALLY want to be back in goal range by our vacation.  I know I can do it!  I need to stay positive and focused.  I know it is achievable.

My WW leader Donna is also going to Hawaii and oddly enough, she is on the same flights as us but leaves the day before!  When I told her at my meeting on Monday I wanted to be in goal range by Hawaii, which is two months away, she said,

“You will get there.”

It is as simple as that.

Donna knows that I can get back to goal range and I know I can get back to goal range.  It might not come off quick but the next two months are going to pass by regardless.  I might as well strive to have less muffin top when the time comes to pull out my summer clothing to pack my suitcase. 

Damn muffin top!  I am practically a busted can of biscuits right now!

Confidence and positive thinking will take me far.  It helps that I also don’t really have anything planned in the next two months to side track my efforts.  Yes, the holidays are upon us.  Sweets and other goodies will work their way into the dispatch center.  Thanksgiving, Christmas, work parties and New Years are all showing up on the calendar.  These are all simply a holiDAY and nothing more than that.  I am lucky in that I don’t do the holiday cooking so I am not stuck with the leftovers.  That would surely do me in!

I will stay mindful and really evaluate “is this worth it” when sweets and treats are presented in front of me (hint: It is ALWAYS worth it when it is homemade).  We talked in our meeting about how the first few bites are what taste the best.  I know it is wasteful to throw away yummy food or desserts.  I always try to just take a little bit of what I am really craving so I can enjoy it but not be wasteful.  However, what it really comes down to is: do you want it to go waste or to waist.

You decide!

I already know what I have decided! 
My trash can is sure to enjoy some yummy foods and desserts this time of year

No comments: