11/13/13

Maintaining Above Goal


My very wise friend Nichole shared some wise words on our 100+ Maintainers thread on the WW Community Message Boards that I would like to share with you here.

The topic was about re-gain.  I had asked another member on our thread if she would like to be a guest post about re-gain.  We all talk about weight loss and even about maintenance but the one things we don’t want to talk about is re-gain.

But it happens.  I have tried to be as open and honest about what I am going through.  I also try not to be a Debbie Downer but there is a bit of depression that goes with re-gain.
Why does re-gain make us feel like a failure?  This isn’t my first time having to pay and it won’t be my last.  The fact that I still pay to attend my meetings is HUGE.  Think about what you hear at your meetings, “I got to goal, stopped attending my meetings, and gained the weight back.”

Okay…looks like I better keep attending my meetings!  Check!

So, without further ado, here are Nichole’s words of wisdom. 

“I, too, am maintaining above my goal. But I'm not going to bed hungry, and I'm not snapping at my family before dinner because I'm  *hangry*. I may find my motivation to get skinny again. But right now, I'm at my high school weight, which is better than most of my classmates can say, ha! I feel good, my labs are good, and I'm able to think about something besides food sometimes. I actually gave away some of my skinniest clothes, and told my mom, ‘I have no desire to starve enough to get back into those.’”

I had a conversation with my WW leader at my meeting last Monday.  I told her that lately I am feeling oddly content with my weight, despite being above my goal.  It hard to describe but I also feel like I am sort of trying to push the boundaries.  It is almost like maybe I am trying to see how far I can go before I level out again?  I don’t know.  It doesn’t quite make sense. 
I am still execising, I am still eating healthy foods, and I still feel pretty good.  So, thank you Nichole for sharing this with me.  I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Awwww, glad you liked it!