11/10/13

Some Saturday Fun!!!


I will do my 10 Week Fitness Challenge Update for you all here in a few days.

Instead, I wanted to share some Saturday Fun Photos first.

My Saturday was packed.  It was the last Saturday off as I change shifts and days off at work this week.  I had a free Redbox code so I spent the morning on the couch.  I knew the yard needed raked and recycle day is Tuesday.  Once the movie finished, I only had about an hour before I needed to get my day started so I raked and bagged as fast as I could.  I was only able to get half the yard raked.
First up on my Saturday agenda, a baby shower!


My longtime neighbor growing up next door at my parent’s house is becoming a mother.  I am so happy for Andrea and her husband Ricky.  They have waited a long time to become parents.

Andrea’s mother Gina had an amazing food spread!  She bought prepared croissant sandwiches and tortilla rolls from Costco, a veggie tray, and grapes with fruit dip.  Andrea’s grandmother brought a layered salad, deviled eggs, and some little smokies.  It was all delicious!





The dessert spread was equally yummy.  Besides the cake Gina had a berry trifle (which I actually put together for her when I got to the party…yum!) and two kinds of cookies.


I had two servings of the trifle and then a half of each kind of cookie.  Desserts are my favorite!

I didn’t participate in party games but the guests had a lot of fun.



Later in the afternoon Kenyon and I picked up my friend Kate and headed downtown for the Food Truck Rally.





I think this is the second annual Food Truck Rally event and this year they offered a GroupOn ahead of time.  For $8 you received a ticket for a beer (or root beer), poured by Payette Brewing Company, and three tickets for mini-bites at any of the food trucks of your choice.


I need to learn to take better group selfies (wait, that doesn’t make sense). 

Some of the bites were tiny and some were pretty good sized.  Since I had just eaten at the baby shower I only had one of my small bites and instead got a bowl of baked beans.  Kenyon shared a bite of one of his samples and we all shared some garlic fries.  Kenyon used my other ticket for some mac n' cheese. 





Free Range Pizza actually cooks the pizza in a wood fire stove right there on sight.  It was pretty neat.






Since we didn’t get downtown until after 5pm it was freeeeezing once the sun set.  Oncer we had eaten all our small bites and drank our beer (since Kenyon doesn't drink Kate and I got an extra beer to split!) we walked to Flying M to get some coffee and warm up.


It was a great “last Saturday off" at least until my next shift rotation.

No comments: