7/28/15

A New Start

Morning. Sorry I missed checking in on Monday. Since we are in training this week our days are pretty packed so not much time for logging onto the World Wide Web.

My first day at Nampa PD went well. It was pretty low key and the day was taken up at HR and the fire training center. I am excited to learn more about the department in the days to come as we will be meeting many people from many of the different areas. We will even get to tour the fire stations.

Once I am in training with my schedule trainers it will take at a minimum of 30 weeks. I start my formal training on the console next Wednesday. I hope to meet my trainer this week. We will also get to complete some police ride-a-longs, a fire truck ride-a-long, and maybe even an ambulance ride-a-long. I am so excited. It will be really neat to see how it works from both sides as I learn 911.

We took a group photo for the Nampa PD Facebook page after lunch yesterday. Chief Kingsbury is on my left and Deputy Chief Daniels is on the end right. Pam is my new dispatch coworker (hired at the same time) and the two in the back are the two new patrol officers, Tim and Chris. We spent some time yesterday together in HR but I think from here on out we are split up. Good luck to Tim and Chris.



I've got Banker Hours this week so Kenyon told me this morning it is weird to see me waking up so late. Kenyon took this week of work before we head to NM on Friday so hopefully we can have some time together in the evenings. There isn't any homework this week with training. Whew.


I'll check in when I can.

No comments: