7/19/15

Nowotny Annual Hawaiian Party


I want to start off by saying that I have the BEST group of friends.  The Nowotny Annual Hawaiian Party was a huge success and it was so much fun spending time with all my friends, their spouses/significant others, and their kiddos.  Phoenix told me it was the best Hawaiian party yet.

Several years ago I had moved into an apartment in Nampa and wanted to have a housewarming party.  It was summertime and the decorations at the dollar store were all Hawaiian themed.  Thus, a Hawaiian housewarming party developed.  I really enjoyed it (and parties in general) so the Hawaiian party has continued every year since.  When I married Kenyon and we continued the tradition at both our rental townhome and at our current house.  Kenyon sort of puts up with my parties but I think he has fun sometimes too.

 



I went pretty low-key this year with the food and that really helped me feel less stressed.  I wanted for Hailey to help decorate and also scaled that down.  During the party I just directed people where to get ice, drinks, dessert, etc and doing that allowed me to sit and visit (and drink) more.  I’ll have to adopt this practice next year.










Kenyon’s prior supervisor, Joe, brought him a coconut bra and grass skirt.  There was no way I was going to get him in it even for a photo.  I put it on later in the day though and snapped a photo.  I think my coconuts are larger than this bra as it was a bit snug. 

 





I still have clean up to do when I get home from work later today (I’m working overtime today).  I told Kenyon this morning I wished we could have another party again today.  It was so much fun.  I guess we will have to wait until next year.
 

















Kaycen was trying his photo bombing skills















Kaylee left me some chalk art




 

No comments: