9/13/16

I Should Be On Vacation


I should be seeing these sights…

 

…Instead I am at work.

 

I should be on a cruise ship enjoying the beautiful fall foliage views from our balcony room…

 


…Instead I am at work.

 

That isn’t a good trade off!
 

Kenyon and I booked a cruise last year during the third week of September down the New England coast.  When we decided to build our house we didn’t know when our finish date was and feared it might interfere with our travel plans.  Sadly, we had to push those plans to September of 2017. 

 


It is really sad to think I could be enjoying the sights of New York City before boarding the Norwegian Cruise to visit small port towns in Canada, Maine, and New Hampshire.  Our plan was to spend four days in NYC seeing all the iconic sights of popular television shows and movies.  We were also going to visit my cousin, her husband, and twin boys.  I have a friend in Canada and Pennsylvania that considered coming to meet us in the Big Apple.  From there we were to board the Norwegian Gem and spend seven days exploring new sights.  I love cruising and if you haven’t ever gone, I highly recommend it.

While I know the decision to postpone the cruise another year was the right one, it still breaks my heart.  I really love travel and I miss it.  I’m not sure that we will travel anywhere far until September of next year.  I guess one never knows.  It is really easy to feel the burnout and hop on a plane with my favorite traveling companion.

No comments: