7/16/18

Along The Journey


Good Morning!  It is once again a Friday/Monday for me.  After working five days, I am ready for a day off.  I’ll be back Wednesday and Thursday for a 4-hour OT and then I’m off for seven days as I have a family reunion and family in town.  Yippie!  I need to do some deep house cleaning on my days off and also get a few errands wrapped up before the reunion.  This is our first year of having a summer family reunion with my Dad/Grandpa’s side of the family so I am hoping it all goes smoothly.

My WW week is set up to start on Mondays, even though my WW meeting are on Tuesday.  Since I jump around to different meetings throughout the year, this seems to work best.  It is so nice to have a fresh start on a Monday.  I had a great week with tracking/food last week and ended with 24 WSPA left over. 

 
I did eat lunch.  I've stopped tracking my 0 SPV foods and my that is what my lunch consisted of

The week before, I had 44 WSPA left over.

And, as usual, I’m not feeling very confident facing the scale tomorrow.  Why shouldn’t I feel confident?  I have no idea!  I managed my points, earned my blue dots all expect one day (I ate more 0 SPV foods and too few points on the 14th to earn my blue dot but food was on track), and when I was craving sugar like crazy last night, I bought some no-sugar-added fudge pops.  This way I had a low sugar option that was also reasonable in points.

Despite all of the positives above, I still want to see weight loss at a rapid speed.  I know I am feeling less confident after having a small loss last week.  I was looking in the mirror last night as I was brushing my teeth before bed thinking, this is going to take forever to lose my excess weight.

It also got me thinking what if there was a quick fix for weight loss and we could magically be thinner at a rapid speed, what you would learn in the process? 

 

You wouldn’t learn that with time comes a new appreciation for your mind, body, and health.

You wouldn’t learn that when you work hard for something how good it feels when you achieve it. 

You wouldn’t learn that you don’t have to perfect all the time.  That you may try your best but you don’t have to perfect.

You wouldn’t learn patience and a new appreciation for yourself when you take the time needed to change your habits.

 

We are all a work in progress of one thing or another and with time, patience, and hard work you can achieve almost anything.  That is why I call it a weight loss journey.  There is so much to learn along the way that if you speed through it, you might miss a few of the good parts.

No comments: