7/15/18

Banana Bread Panckaes From Peanut Butter Fingers


I’ve been craving pancakes and when I found a recipe a blog I read called Peanut Butter Fingers, I knew I wanted to try it out.  I liked the ease of how you put all ingredients in a blender to mix it all up.  Easy Peasy!
The recipe is called Banana Bread Protein Pancakes.
 
These pancakes turned out really tasty thanks to my great oatmeal find Better Oats. 
 


I found the cinnamon roll variety at Albertson’s so I omitted the cinnamon from the recipe and added two packets of Stevia.  I felt the batter was a bit too thick, which could have been because one packet of oats isn’t quite ¼ cup but two packets are more than ½ cup.  Also, Kenyon and I both agreed we didn’t need the banana and next time, I’ll try it with two eggs.  This might make the batter pour a little easier.
My version:
  • 2 packets of Better Oat Cinnamon Roll – 5 SPV
  • ½ mashed banana – 0 SPV
  • ¼ cup Trader Joe’s light cottage cheese – 1 SPV
  • 1 egg – 0 SPV
  • 2 Stevia packets – 0 SPV
I was able to get six small pancakes out of my batter for a total of 6 SPV.  Since I like my pancakes with peanut butter, I had half the batch and Kenyon had the other half.

Mmmmm…..delicious.  I would definitely make these again.

No comments: