7/7/18

Leaving Daily Points Behind


It feels foreign to me to not eat all my daily points.  When the new WW Freestyle program rolled out, one of the changes included not having to eat all your daily points.  I believe this to be because prior programs created a large calorie deficit and thus, you needed to eat all the points offered to you to maintain a healthy caloric intake.  With Freestyle, there is so many 0 SPV foods that it is assumed you will be eating more of them than other foods and thus meeting your caloric intake without having to eat all your points. 

Obviously, this isn’t an actual science and each person needs to find what works for them.  Typically, I need to eat all my points to encourage weight loss so I really don’t know what will happen this week.  I want to think that less food/points will help me get a jump on weight loss again but I really have no idea.  I’ll just keep plugging away and see what Tuesday WI brings.

Since I stopped drinking my afternoon ice coffee from home, I’ve saved myself 3 SPV a day.  And, if I don’t have any other coffee throughout the day, I can save up to 6 SPV.  I haven’t replaced this with other foods so I’m hoping this will be the deficit I’ve been missing.  I’ve also made some other food decisions this week and watched my points closer.  Last night, I made an all 0 SPV dinner by grilling chicken on the BBQ and then warming up some green beans and frozen corn.  Dessert was a large amount of watermelon. 


I had 11 DSPV left so I added real butter to my corn.  I ended my day with 10 points leftover.  I’ve also earned a blue dot each day this week. 

 


Building on my success each day feels really good.  I am working a 12-hour shift today and Kenyon and I are meeting at Sizzler for dinner.  I’ll do some pre-tracking and am planning to have the steak and salad bar deal.  I was going to use today as a rest day from activity but I ended up on the side of the room with the treadmill so I might as well make good use of it and get my 30 minutes of activity done for the day. 

Seize the day!

No comments: