7/9/18

Full Circle


I had two FB memories two years apart that popped up today.  The first one was July 9, 2015 when I officially announced on FB that was I was leaving ISP for a 911 job at Nampa Police.  The second one was July 9, 2017.  I had only been at Nampa PD for six months before returning to ISP but the training I received has been helpful on many occasions.  I am not sure of the exact event I was talking about on July 9, 2017, but I was thankful for that training and commented that it came in handy for a pretty tough call.  It was as if I could finally see that life had come full circle.

There have been many moments that make me realize the full circle and reminds me when something happens, there is always a reason.  We may not know what that reason is but somewhere down there road of life we will learn what that is. 

One of those moments was when I was in college and having a difficult time with Calculus 2.  I cried so much about not being able to pass the class and worried about what the future held.  I had wanted to be a math teacher since I was in the 2nd grade and it felt as if my world was crumbling.  Thankfully, I pushed on, changed my major, and graduated with my Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice.  I have secured gainful employment for many years since college and am happy with where my life is now.

Another of those moments is when I was on my weight loss journey.  It can be very tough and really exhausting to track your food, make healthy choices, and move your body giving it a good sweat.  There were times that I didn’t know if I could continue on the path not knowing how the outcome would be.  I look back now and am so thankful I kept at it.  I see now how important this journey was and how improved my quality of life is because of it.  I all see now why I need to continue to make those healthy choices and when I feel like giving up now, I remember that it will all be worth it in the future.

 


Our overtime at work has started to ramp back up again.  We were fully staffed for 91 days, which surpassed our last tally of 60 days.  Being fully staffed was wonderful and I was taking full advantage of my three days off.  Sadly, we had some of our newest employees quit and have a few out on medical leave.  So, we are having to say adieu to our beloved days off.

I’m going to make sure I do my best to be a team player by signing up for OT since I’ll be taking my turn for vacation in September. 

No comments: