7/25/18

Six Weeks

I signed onto the My Viking Journey website the other morning to look over some details of our upcoming Europe trip and found a nice surprise.
I hadn’t thought the documents were coming so soon and then we weren’t really sure where they got delivered!  Turns out, they go to our travel agent and she gets them to us about three weeks before our trip.  Well, we are super anxious so she is going to prepare them this week and we will have them next week.  Yippie!

I feel like I need to start some practice packing.  I’ve been thinking about what I want to take for clothes and about how I want to pack.  With my days off this week, I think I’ll pull the ‘ol suitcase out and see how it all shakes out.

I get more and more excited for this trip the closer it gets.  Since I’ll be training a new employee all the way until we leave, this is going to make the time pass really fast.  But, I’ll have way less downtime at work along with more stress!  I’ll be ready for a vacation for sure after these six weeks pass.

I’ve also taken on another project at work attempting to film some footage of our Lip Sync Challenge video.  If you haven’t heard about it yet, search #lipsyncbattle and you can see all the fun footage of various police agencies doing some Lip Sync singing.  Our troopers did a video as part of recruitment and I’ve been wanting to do another recruitment video but this time a fun one.  Since the Lip Sync craze is upon us, what better time.  And, I want to make sure we use our Mobile Command Center too.  It has been a challenge trying to find time to film around everybody’s daily schedule and the MCC’s schedule but I’m hoping it will all come together here soon.

Talk about stressful!  I guess I sort of thrive on chaos!

No comments: