7/11/18

Striking A Better (Mental) Balance

Good Morning Afternoon.

I have no idea why this day is passing so fast but I am not ready for my last day off to be over so soon. I've got some grocery shopping to do and then I'm meeting Danielle for happy hour downtown to try out a new place we have heard a lot of good stuff about.

I went to the gym this morning but opted for the elliptical/bike vs. a class. I am having a lot of issues with my right foot and my plantar fasciitis is acting up. A few months ago I wanted to wear cute shoes with capris and also wanted to try out some walking shoes before Europe. I got some Sketcher's Joy Walk and while they were cute, they sure did a number on my feet. I need proper arch support and while I do know that these are not the right shoes, I learned that lesson the painful way. I have some new Brooks Ghost 10s that are support/high arch shoes but so far, I'm not sure it is helping. To make matters seem worse, I swear I felt a pop when I was stretching before them gym. So, I'm a bit freaked out.

I lied to you yesterday when I said I was going to keep doing what I did last week and see where the scale shakes out down the road. Instead, I spent all day yesterday thinking about points and micro-managing my program. I hate when I get in the “fear of eating” phases. I was starved on my home from a jewelry/purse party event where I had spent a few points on some cheese cubes, ham, turkey, and summer sausage cubes, and about 2 oz of wine. We went for Panda Express to go, which is all tracked and still earned my blue dot. I opened my fortune cookie to find an interesting message.

I guess I just need to trust the program more and try to focus less on being perfect so the scale will drop. Somehow I need to strike a better balance.



I'm working on it.

No comments: