7/1/18

Overnight In Silver City


Sorry for my absence, I didn’t mean to be gone so long.  I had planned to blog on Thursday, which ended up being a very busy day.  Then, Friday was a super short day as I headed up to the cabin in Silver City for the 4th of July festivities.  It was a quick trip but I am so glad I was able to make it.

Before deciding to go to Silver City, I wasn’t sure what to expect with the infestation of Mormon crickets (that is what they are actually called, I promise I’m not being mean) in Owyhee County.  While the crickets were working their way up the hill, thankfully, they had not reached town yet.  So, it was enjoyable all around…well, except for the bat in the outhouse.  Now you know why I only stayed one night.  Crickets, bats, and spiders, Oh My!

Friday afternoon was spent visiting with my parents, sister, her boyfriend, and her kiddos on the porch.  This view never gets old and I have so many wonderful memories of Silver City growing up.

 


Hailey and I took a walk around town to visit with some of my Silver City Family I’d not seen for a while.  Working shift work, it is hard to make it up to the cabin.  We even made it to the other side of the mountain, which has the view of our cabin.  It was really fun to see a different view.

 




Dad and Kevin got the fire pit started and we made s’mores for dessert.  I love s’mores.

 


We woke up Saturday morning to brisk temps, dew on the windows the cars, and coffee to warm us.  Dad made his famous sourdough pancakes and we enjoyed a great breakfast.

 



That morning was the annual kid’s games and while neither of my nieces chose to participate, I have many Silver City friends who now have their own children so we still had kids to root for.  Even the adults get to partake in the fun and sometimes it gets a bit competitive.  Despite a few scraped knees and tears, from the kids, there was not adults harmed!
I tricked Emma telling her I was done with my photo so she would come out of her blanket.


More of my Ihli family rolled into town by mid-morning and the annual horseshoe tournament started at noon.  My Dad, nieces, and I rode the four wheelers down to watch for a bit.  We had lunch where I shared a Coke Zero with America.

 



I had to cut my visiting short and head out of the mountains since I’m back at work today.  I’ve started my new shift with Tuesdays – Thursdays off which means I’m working weekends now.  I’m looking forward to the shift and also working with a new team.  I just wasn’t quite ready to come back yet!  And, I came home with a new tan line.

No comments: