7/28/18

Happy Hour At Yardhouse


I had a nice time last night meeting up with Patty and Sierra…once I actually go to Yardhouse.  Apparently, The Village is quite the happening spot on a Friday night.  There was a Rock The Village free concert AND vendors set up around the complex.  So, needless to say, trying to get in/out of the parking lot and find an open spot was crazy.  I finally parked in a dirt lot and walked a bit since I saw others parking there too. 

Mental Note: Avoid The Village on a Friday night.

But, it was really nice.  I like Yardhouse and I’ve only been a couple of times.  Since Kenyon and I eat out a lot, we sometimes see the same waitress working at different restaurants.  That happened again last night when our waitress from LePeep (a breakfast/lunch spot in Meridain) also works at Yardhouse, I assume in the evenings.  She is so cute and it was nice to see her and have her as our waitress.

Happy Hour went until 6pm and I had was planning to order a half priced pizza, a Cesar salad, and a beer.  I pre-tracked for two slices of pizza, the salad with dressing on the side, and one 16 oz beer.  Kenyon decided he wanted some left over pizza so I changed my order from a Margarita pizza (5 SPV for 2 slices) to a Carnivore pizza (11 SPV for 2 slices).  I had enough points even though the Carnivore pizza was twice the points as the Margarita.  I debated having only once slice but decided to have my two pre-tracked slices.  The bill was less than I thought since the salad was an add-on to the pizza making it an affordable meal.

 
This was a very good Milk Stout


Afterwards, we went to LeCreme for some froyo.  It was nice to just get a little bit of sweet to end the evening and their yogurt is really delicious.  I counted 8 SPV for my small bit of yogurt, a small bit of Reeses Peanut Butter Cup, and a small bit of cheesecake bites.  I spent more points than I had pre-planned. 
 

What was more important is that I navigated my social setting by enjoying the food/alcohol and the company and not throwing all caution to the wind.  And, I had the points available so it was not necessary to be so stingy.

I’m not 100% sure on plans today after work and am waiting to see what develops.  I have armed myself again with low point foods and am determined to keep myself on track!

No comments: