7/29/18

Social Event Take 2: El Tenampa & Heritage Hop Haus


It was another enjoyable social outing and getting to visit with Phoenix.  We had tried to meet up for a visit earlier in the week last week but it didn’t pan out.  I always love seeing my Bestie!
We met at El Tenampa, a Mexican restaurant in Meridian.  They always have the friendliness employees and fast service there.  I ordered an side order chicken sopitos, which is similar to a tostada.  I really love the thick masa dough vs. a corn tortilla that comes with a traditional tostada.  There was a bit of a mix up on if the side order came with sour cream so I ended up with a lot of it since they brought me a side order.  Oops.  Even though we had plans to go to Heritage Hop Haus for a beer after, we each ordered a light Corona, which is just 3 SPV.  Talk about a points bargain beer!  I could eat corn tortilla chips all day long.  I love them.
We walked to Hop Haus, which has happy hour every day from 3pm-6pm where pints are just $3.25.  There was only one other group there and boy were they rowdy.  I saw at least one round of shots so that could be why.  I had the best beer, light and fruity, Stiegl Grapefruit Radler.  It was like a mix of a Fresca and a beer. 
 

I looked it up later when I got home and saw it is made is Salzburg, Austria.  I am hopeful I’ll be able to have more of this beer when we visit Europe since Salzburg is close to Munich where we will end our trip.  I’ll be on the lookout in town for this as well.  I didn’t quite know how to count it so I treated it like a similar Grapefruit beer.  It only has 3.2% alcohol by volume so I’m sure it is packed with some sort of sugar/sweet which is why it is so darn tasty.  I didn’t drink the whole pint since I shared some of it with Phoenix.

We thought we might catch the Saturday concert in downtown Meridian but it is just too hot to do much outdoors.  After having Mexican food and two beers, I was ready for bed.  I think I’m getting old!
I’ve got my last social event this evening, which is mostly for Phoenix.  She is going to do the Reaper Challenge at 10 Barrel Brewing Company.  You have to eat a personalized size pizza with two Carolina Reaper Peppers on it and also drink a Reaper-Rita all in under 15 minutes.  If you complete the challenge, you get a $25 gift card and a growler with a fill.  They also buy your meal.  So, she is going to see if she can complete the challenge.  I’ll be sure to take lots of photos!  I love 10 Barrel so I’m stoked to go watch.  I have pre-tracked what I’ll be eating/drinking and once again, I am having low point meals/snacks throughout my day.
I’m sort of glad this is the last social event and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous about WI on Tuesday.  This is a lot of meals out close to WI.  I earned my blue dot yesterday and should also earn a blue dot today.  I like how Freestyle has so many 0 SPV foods!

No comments: