7/14/18

Eating Out On Freestyle


Howdy!  Sorry to miss you all yesterday.  I was a fill-in trainer at work and I’ll tell ya, it really cuts into my goofing off time. 
I was super tired/lazy last night when I got home and had no desire to get off the couch or meet Kelsey at the gym for a workout.  I’m still worried about my right foot and have been resting (or perhaps using it as an excuse to be lazy but let’s go with resting).  I had a pretty easy chicken meal to put together in the InstantPot but it wasn’t what I really wanted.  Even though I also didn’t want to leave the house, I met up with Kenyon at Red Robin after work.
I usually have chicken but every once in a while, I really enjoy a hamburger at Red Robin.  Plus, if I was going to have chicken, I could have stayed home and saved my money!  So, I looked up the points ahead of time and did some fancy math to give my best estimate of the points.


The Tavern Double Burgers are a smaller patty size than their regular burgers and you get two patties.  I looked over the points and read the descriptions of the burgers and finally decided on the Cowboy Ranch Tavern (ranch, bourbon-infused Whiskey River BBQ sauce, crispy onion straws, American Cheese, and lettuce), which isn’t listed on the WW app but was really close in calories to the Smoky Jack Tavern (21 SPV).   
 

I looked up the points for the hamburger bun (8 SPV) but just in case it is a smaller bun, I subtracted 4 SPV since I was going to put mine in a lettuce wrap.  I looked up the points for American cheese (4 SPV) and subtracted another 4 SPV.  I also had them hold the ranch since I was mostly interested in the onion straws and not the ranch or cheese.  This brought my burger to 13 SPV.  Lastly, I gave one of the burger patties to Kenyon so I cut my points in half. Grant total for my burger was 7 SPV.  I had a side salad instead of fries with ranch on the side where I just dipped my fork (2 SPV).  Since I had gotten there early, I ordered their Sam Adams Beer Sampler with three 4-oz beer pours and only drank two of them for a total of 3 SPV.
 

It was a pretty good dinner and all track/accounted for.  I also earned my blue dot.  It makes me feel really successful to navigate my program how it fits me.  Oh, I chewed on some peppermint gum on my drive home so I didn’t stop for an ice cream treat.  Sometimes when I eat out, even if it fits in my points, I often have a hankering for a tasty treat afterwards. 

I’m hoping for a loss this week and trying to my best to balance my evening out on Wednesday and our unplanned dinner out last night.  I’m going to make the chicken dish tonight, which will hopefully be my lunch left overs for tomorrow too.

No comments: