11/23/19

A Quick Vegas Trip

Our Vegas Vacation was enjoyable.  We had rain…the first time ever for me while visiting Vegas, which put a damper (pun intended) on getting out and about.  This was both a bummer and blessing.  Because we didn’t venture out later in the evening once the rain started, I drank less, we ate less, and we gambled less which allowed us to stretch our gambling money and bring home some winnings.




We stayed at Mandalay Bay this trip, which was the first for us.  It was a bit creepy to stay at the same location at the Las Vegas Shooter, especially when we had the same view of the strip.  But, with the exception of a few more visible security guards, Mandalay Bay and Vegas in general is perfectly safe.







Our first night, I won BIG at the slots at Mandalay Bay.  I was shocked.  I first had this win of $348.00 at the penny machine and then I won a bonus spin of 500 quarters at another machine, $125.  I tucked aside my winnings and since we were responsible with our gambling money, I came with all the money I took plus another $100.  That means the money I lost was all “the houses’ money” and that is how you should gamble!  Of course I am sad I didn’t come home a millionaire and am am able to quit my job.




I packed my beer pocket hoodie and my Vegas Golden Knights jersey so I could have some fun while we were there.  We didn’t end up at a game but I enjoy interacting with other fans while you are walking around the strip.









We made sure to pop into Bellagio to see their beautiful Conservatory display.  It never disappoints.











I’ll be back in March with Phoenix for a Girls Weekend.  I will hope for warmer weather and no rain!

No comments: