11/7/19

Looking Back: WW Charms & Major Milestones


As I was putting the summer charm onto my keychain (obviously several months later) I allowed myself to take a trip down memory lane.  It is nice to have such happy memories of my WW journey right in front of me.
I loved celebrating each 5 pounds I lost with a star sticker.  There is nothing better than a tangible reward for all your hard work.  Eventually, the charms came into play.  Oh yes!  Up the prize and give me something shinny.  Just like the many WW program changes through the years, the charms have changed too.  It was really fun looking over my charms and finding the corresponding weight record entry.




I earned my 25 pound charm in April of 2007


Since you don’t earn your keychain until you lose 10% (30 pounds), I would have earned my charm before I earned my key chain to put it on.  When I joined WW, I had said to my mother that I’d be happy if I could just lose 20 pounds.  Well, you can imagine how great I felt when I earned my first big 25 pound award
I earned my 50 pound charm in July of 2007


It’s weird but my 50 pound charm doesn’t stand out in my memory.  I am not sure why exactly.  I am also sort of shocked now that I realize I lost an additional 25 pounds in just three months.  These days I’m lucky if I can pull a 5 pound loss in a single month.  I was a losing machine back then.  I lost 50 pounds in six months.  Wow.  Impressive.
I earned my 75 pound charm in December of 2007


I had being doing my weekly weigh-in in jeans up until I earned my 75 pound charm.  I remember it had taken so many weeks to lose that last few ounces that I ditched the jeans just so I could be lighter.  I have never weighed in jeans ever again.  Heck even in the winter time I am still wearing my capris and short sleeved shirts.  You gotta make that official scale number count!
I earned my 100 pound charm in May of 2008


I remember the feeling of losing 100 pounds.  Oh man, there is nothing like it.  This is when you become “big time” in the WW community since it is rare to have lost over 100 pounds.  My WW meeting even sent me a post card to celebrate.  I actually earned my 100 pound charm at an alternative meeting since I had to switch around periodically with my work shifts.  Tamera, the leader at that meeting, ended up being the substitute leader the day I met my goal weight.
Such wonderful, wonderful memories.
I lost 125 pound in February of 2009


The was no charms for 100+ pounds lost back then.  Maybe there is now?  There should be.  It is a major deal to lose over 100 pounds and that should be celebrated.  I’m sure I still celebrated.  When have you known me not to love a good celebration?
I earned my Goal Star charm in March of 2009



I will never ever forget what I felt like to reach my goal weight.  Thinking about it still makes me emotional.  110 weeks and a little over two years of hard work and I was finally there.  I cried.  I was in the dressing room trying on clothes and after looking in the mirror, I broke down into tears.  I did it.  I had officially lost 130 pounds.  That person who had the courage to join Weight Watchers and take control of her life was inside me the entire time.  She just needed to find the confidence in herself to succeed. 
I earned my Lifetime Key charm in April of 2009


Once you reach you goal weight, you have a maintenance period of six weeks before you become a Lifetime Member.  You never lose your Lifetime status even if you are over goal in the future or quit WW and re-join.  You used to earn a Lifetime Key charm each year after 10 of 12 months weighing-in within your goal range (two pounds above or below your goal).  I hope they are still giving out subsequent Lifetime Key charms.  

I earned six Lifetime Key charms and I plan on earning a sixth one when I return to goal.

No comments: