11/14/19

How Is The Purple Plan Going?

It haven’t been on the Purple Plan for a full week but thought I’d give you an update on how the new myWW program is going.



So far so good but change is tough.  While it is exciting to have these new 0 SPV foods, what will help make the Purple Plan successful and feel easier is if I am better prepared.  For instance, I didn’t sleep well last night and didn’t get up in enough time to prepare my butternut squash and mashed potatoes.  I’m starting to notice that 17 DSPA don’t go very far and so you really do have to utilize the 0 SPV foods.  I’m hoping like when Freestyle rolled out, I’ll find my groove with the Purple Plan and how to work it so I’m not hungry and not blowing through my WSPA plus some. 
I think this week feels a little tough because I’m still piecing together my meal plan and have had to hit up several different stores (Costco, Winco, and Trader Joes) and have limited hours they are open with my sleep schedule.  Plus, it was a busy Tuesday and had an overtime day at work on Wednesday.  I’m committed to continuing with the Purple Plan for a few weeks/months to see how it goes, how I’m feeling, and how my body and the scale responds.
This week is also a little tough because I know I have a social event planned later today and I’m trying to save my WSPA for that large burst of food and drink consumption.  I might be stressed out just a tiny bit with all these changes at once.  I’ll keep on powering through.
I’ll share with you my tracker for Wednesday.  I didn’t take any photo pictures.  Also, I am still weighing out some of the new 0 SPV foods, such as my frozen potatoes.  I am also planning to weigh out pasta and oatmeal too.



Breakfast: 0 SPV foods – southwest eggbeaters, 105g frozen potatoes, and an apple
I made egg cups so I had some quick breakfast options for this week.



Lunch: 0 SPV foods – turkey breast, romaine lettuce, carrots, and celery
I am glad I had this turkey and veggies ready to go since I didn’t sleep well and didn’t wake up as early as I had planned.



Dinner: 0 SPV foods – oatmeal and bulger
I made a new WW recipe Bulger & Oat Hot Cereal with Fruit and boy did it make A LOT!



I halved the recipe from the start since it had 12 servings.  Then, I realized the serving size was ¾ cup hot cereal.  That seemed pretty tiny and while the points dropped a lot, doubling the serving size made it 5 SPV instead of 2 SPV.  I knew I likely wanted my oats topped with peanut butter so I made a last minute decision to increase the oats and bulger but leave the rest of the high point items halved.  Ummm…they sure do bulk up when cooking.  I’ve got oatmeal for days.
I topped my portion on Tuesday with peanut butter and a chopped up apple. 




After I got home from work, I got in a quick treadmill walk and then made myself a bit more food.  I made some 0 SPV mashed potatoes and had some 0 SPV chicken

On the Freestyle program, there were days that I barely hit my 24 DSPA.  I figured dropping to 17 wouldn’t be an issue.  I’ve also realized that I wasn’t eating the 0 SPV that are included in the Purple Plan on a regular type basis so losing those 7 points a day feels harder than I thought it would.  I really like several of the 0 SPV foods.  So as I move forward, either I incorporate them on a more regular basis or I got back to the Blue Plan and track those 0 SPV as needed.  Since I am still craving a change in my meal plan, I am looking forward to getting more variety in this remainder of this week.

No comments: