11/29/19

Downtown Boise Staycation, Festival Of Trees, Steelheads Hockey Game, & Thanksgiving Festivities

It’s been a busy few days and now I’m preparing for my work week.  Several areas around Idaho received snow the last few days and more snow is expected.  This is going to make for some long work nights.

Let’s Rewind.

Wednesday night Kenyon and I had a staycation and Date Nite in downtown Boise.  I won a nights stay at The Grove Hotel and four tickets to a Steelheads Hockey Game back when Phoenix and I went to the Kif Brown Foundation Wine Gala & Auction.  We checked in late in the day and really enjoyed the view of Downtown Boise.





Overall, The Grove Hotel was just okay.  I loved the location and the staff was great.  Plus, they had a cut through to Centrylink Arena so we didn’t have to stand out in the cold to get into the game.  But, the bed was hard and the pillows were overfilled.  Neither of us slept great.

We had extra time before the game started so we took in the St. Alphonsus Festival of Trees, which is an annual event I really enjoy.  We picked out a new wreath for our door that I will pick up on Monday.  I’ll share a photo when I have it on my door.















Despite Kenyon not feeling 100%, I am really glad we went to the game and I am really glad we stayed for the third period.  The game really got hopping in the third quarter and it ended with a tie forcing a 3 on 3 sudden death period.





Steelheads WON!  It was great.  We had really awesome seats and had a really good time. 


Afterwards we went to Old Chicago for a late night bite to eat off their happy hour.



I went to my Aunt Teresa and Uncle Eric’s house for Thanksgiving.  We had the whole family minus my sister Jenny and Will who live out of town and were unable to be here.  They were missed.  I enjoyed lots of yummy food, especially the 0 SPV turkey and mashed potatoes.  Yum!  My brother made these cute appetizers of crackers, cheese, and cream cheese.  They were delicious.





I hope your Thanksgiving was really enjoyable.

No comments: