11/2/19

Getting Back On Track After End-Of-The-Month-Itis

I’ve been on the struggle bus this last week.  The biggest reason being end-of-the-month-itis. 



It is hard at the end of the month, especially when you are planning to skip your WI, you have earned all the blue dots you plan to for the month, and you are off-track with birthday celebration splurges.  For me, being off track along with not tracking open the door to a free-for-all since I don’t have to be accountable to the high calorie/point foods I am consuming.  I did pretty well holding my own over my birthday weekend and according to my home scale, I didn’t have a huge gain.  That should have motivated me twice as much to get right back on track ASAP.

Well….not the case.

I rolled into the 8th Annual PSAP 911 Conference and thus, didn’t have control over my food and meal times.  Each day of the two-day conference started out strong but slowly as the day progressed I let my hunger get away from me and watched my ability to stay on track slip away.  Since it was the end of the month and I was already off track, why not throw in some pizza and beer on top of it all?  Ugh.  I tell ya, that downhill spiral can happen quickly!

I met my friend Kate for breakfast on Thursday and specifically stopped into Trader Joe’s afterwards to pick up some seasonal ice cream I spotted when I was there last week.  I was rationalizing with myself that it was Halloween and the last day of the month so I might as well enjoy one more splurge.  Oh boy…was it good!



I shared my photo on the WW FB Groups and one of the faithful WW members asked “how many points it is.”  Oh man!  Of course you want me to ruin all the fun by actually taking accountability for eating it and scanning the barcode for the points.  15 freaking points for 1/3 of the pint.  Welp, this would be why tracking takes allllll the fun out of eating!  But, scanning the points before I ate the whole pint helped me stop.  That and there wasn’t as much ginger swirl as I had wanted.  But it is a delicious ice cream.  And it goes down really easy because it is nice and fluffy.  It won’t be coming home with me again anytime soon.


It feels good to be back on track at the start of November.  We have quick trip to Vegas in just three weeks so I need to gets some weight off before that vacation.  Of course, there is a good chance it will set me back and I’ll have to re-lose some weight once again.  I would absolutely love to be under 200 pounds come 2020.  It is down to the wire but I’m going to try my best.

5.8 pound different from Oct 2018 and Oct 2019

No comments: