11/28/19

New Recipes & A Re-Vamped Recipe On The Purple Plan


I tried out a new WW recipe that hit the spot.


When the Purple Plan rolled out as part of the new myWW program, I found this really great macaroni recipe for a One Pot Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese.  It sounded yummy and I was excited to try it out.  I modified the recipe a bit and halved the portions.  I got six servings and each serving is 2 SPV.  It isn’t super cheesy but as far as mac and cheese goes, it fit the bill and hits the spot.




I had a bit of trouble finding pureed frozen butternut squash so I used some frozen riced butternut squash.  I cooked it in the microwave and then pureed it in the Ninja.  It worked pretty well.




I had my mac and cheese alongside a Trader Joes chicken sausage for an easy meal at work.


The next recipe I made, which is a tried and true one, is fried rice.  ACTUAL fried rice, not cauliflower fried rice that I typically make. Yes folks…the Purple Plan includes brown rice for 0 SPV now.  Yippie!  I cooked up a batch of brown Basmati rice and then made it into fried rice a few days later. 




It is not only delicious but super filling.  I’m finding that a lot with the new Purple Plan.  The extra whole grains in my diet hold me over a lot longer than protein and veggies ever did. 

Maybe there is something to changing it up.  I am liking it!

No comments: