11/3/19

The Next 23 Weeks


My coworker told me about this site Canva which allows you to make your own templates for social media.  It feels complicated but a good idea all at the same time.

I thought it would be fun to have a weight tracker that breaks down the weeks between all our upcoming vacations.  Here is what I came up with.




I am hoping this will help keep me focused but not have the added pressure that goes along with “time limit” type goals.  There is no time limit.  And, there is a high likelihood I’ll have to re-lose some weight between vacations.  But, when I look at the calendar, this should be the amount of meetings I can hit between vacations.

Vegas: Kenyon and I are headed to Vegas in just three short weeks.  Fingers crossed I didn’t do any major damage this week and will still be able to have a loss.  It would be stellar to lose two pounds a week for the next three weeks…but…I have to be realistic too.  That doesn’t mean I won’t be trying my hardest.

This trip is just a chance to get out of town and since there is some time-off restrictions in December while I am training our new guy, this was the best option for us.  Kenyon gets comps at the hotel chains and we are on night shift, so it’s a nice time to visit.  After all, Vegas is the city that never sleeps.

Arizona: Kenyon and I will head to Scottsdale, AZ to stay at one of the Sapphire Resorts and try out or new travel membership/timeshare.  I’ve heard this is a good time to go as AZ is really nice in January.  Also, it is expected to be cold in Idaho so that is even more reason to get outta town.  I’ve been through the Phoenix and Mesa areas but am looking forward to spending a full week there with no major plans.

Orlando/Dallas: Also as part of the travel membership/timeshare, we are going to visit Orlando for the week in February.  This was one of the three “free trips” we were given when we joined Sapphire.  The details are still forthcoming but we will be staying a week in the Orlando area and visiting the Universal and Disney parks.  On our way back from Orlando, we will be swinging by Dallas to see Oprah on her 2020: Your Vision In Focus Live Tour. 

Vegas (Again): I convinced Phoenix to head to Vegas with me for a Girls Trip over Spring Break in March.  WhooooHoooo!  I really want to see RuPaul’s Drag Race Live, which Kenyon has no interest.  It was hard leaving him at home because I know he really wants to go.  But, I’m super stoked to be enjoying this time with just Phoenix and myself.  I was able to get us some room comps and I have the tickets to the show already booked.  I can’t wait.

It is about 23 weeks from now until the end of all this travel.  That is a good chuck of time to make a big difference on the scale.  I plan to take it one day at a time and one meal at a time.  It is exciting to think about it all adding up. 

No comments: