11/10/19

The Snack Monster

You know when you see something you want but you know if you buy it there could be trouble?  And no, I don’t mean hiding the JC Penney Credit Card bill from you husband or wife.  I’m talking about food.

I bought a BIG bag of the most delicious popcorn, or possibly second most delicious, at Costco for my coworker.  It is the Chicago Mix popcorn that I told him the next time it went on sale I’d bring him a bag. The bag stayed in my car until my return to work and it almost didn’t even make an appearance until it was my last day and after my weigh-in day so I could indulge in some.    Well, he isn’t working the day after my WW meeting so I brought it into the dispatch center last night.  I figured I could offer it to my coworkers working night shift as well.  After all, I do enjoy the majority of my coworkers.

I had also spent a great deal of time in the sweets isle of Trader Joe’s before I went to work last night.  I have been dying to try the Triple Ginger Snap cookies, which are 1 point per cookie.  They also had the mini chocolate chip cookies I’d been eyeing, of course a LARGE tub, and you get two mini cookies for 1 point.  I figured I’d save the Triple Ginger Snap purchase for Thanksgiving and went with the tub of chocolate chip cookies.

You know, I would have been 100% fine had the bag of popcorn and the tub of mini cookies stayed closed until John arrived at work to receive me and I would go home.  But noooooo….a coworker asked if we could open the bag popcorn since she was starving.  And that turned into opening the mini tub of cookies.  After all, I am one of the BEST hostess around and need to make my coworkers feel loved.

What started out as controlled and even coaching myself that I was “good with the little bit I ate and tracked” that wasn’t the case.  The snack monster came out and a bunch of sort-of-mindless-eating occurred.  I won’t say it as mindless because I was very aware telling myself “just a little more.”  Look at all the points I wasted last night.  



And, I didn’t feel so good afterwards. My weird mood this week contributed to these choices and I’m hoping the goodies are gone when I arrive at work tonight.  If they aren’t gone they are going out of sight for sure.  

My weight-in is tomorrow and I am not at all sure what to expect.  Obviously my snack attack didn’t help.  Ugh.  I earned my 7-day workout award for doing a whole week of exercise.  And, I am actually on day 11 of back-to-back workouts.  WhoooHoooo.  Blue dots are good this week with all but Thursday earned. 




Now…we wait!  I’ll report back in tomorrow along with the NEW WW Program Rollout.  Ohhhh boy…WW UK rolled it out today and I’m seeing all the stuff I heard about confirmed.  I can’t wait to learn more.

No comments: