11/9/19

Split Pea Soup With Ham





One of the squares on our WW Studio Bingo Card is Tried A New Food Or Recipe.  I wanted to get this square finished up sooner rather than leave it for later so I scoured the WW recipes on the WW app for Split Pea Soup. 

I found this great Split Pea Soup With Ham (and Cheese) but I omitted the cheese.  I also used the WW app Recipe Builder to modify the recipe, which is also a Bingo Card spot.  I’m rocking this Bingo game.

Other squares completed:

Invite a friend to join WW

Posted on Connect

Got a blue dot

Did an Aaptiv workout

Used the barcode scanner

Met my weekly Fit Point goal

Too bad you can only claim one a week.  I’d have a BINGO by now!

Okay, back to my soup.  Split pea is so easy to make and I had almost all the ingredients on hand.  All I needed was the peas and some chicken broth.



I also Googled some recipes that used the Instant Pot so I could make it even easier on myself.  I chopped up the veggies and sautéed them in the IP with minced onions and olive oil before adding the ham to sauté a bit.  Is there any better smell then veggies cooking in olive oil.  Yum!




Since the recipe is so easy, you just dump it all in and set the IP for 17 minutes on high pressure.  Then allow it to slow release.  The modified recipe without the cheese and halving the recipe for four servings came out of 1 point per service.  Um…that serving was a teeny tiny one.  So, I doubled it up and it is now 3 points for one huge serving.  Oh yeah!  That is how I roll.




Let soup season commence.


No comments: