11/4/19

Ending The Week Strong


Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

                                             Thomas A. Edison (1847-1931)



My week might have started out a bit rough, but I was able to end it on a high note.



 

I pre-planned and pre-tracked through Monday and earned four blue dots in a row.  I also exercised three days in a row.  Yeah me!





Now, despite all this, I still gained 1.4 pounds over the last two weeks.  WOMP! WOMP!  I was bummed for sure.  But, I was also sort of expecting a gain.  You know…prepare for the worst and hope for the best.  I got on the home scale when I woke up today.  I don’t typically like to do this each week since there is always a difference in scales, clothing, etc.  It said I gained 0.4 pounds so I was at least hopeful maybe a small gain.  Oh well.  Gotta keep plugging along.

 


 I also made a last minute decision that I am going track my weekly weight number vs. my weekly loss/gain number.  I don’t know why but I feel like I’m getting too focused on losses.  Yes, I need to lose.  Yes, I plan to lose.  But I also know that I need/want to be at 203 again (100 pounds lost) and 199.  So, tracking the weekly number vs. the gains/losses might help shift my focus and keep me on track.  Had I started my week off with a loss, maybe I’d have felt differently.

 


We had a great meeting with lots of exciting stuff coming.  I’ll report back in another post.



No comments: