9/15/13

PAR-TAY Central


It was PART-AY central for me this last weekend. I had two baby showers and one double birthday party to attend.

Friday was the baby shower of a friend from grade school. Katie and I have known each other a long time. I am so excited for the arrival of her twins.




Katie is having twin boys and the nursery is decorated in sock moneys. I love that idea! The theme of the shower was also sock monkeys including a really fun cake that was made by a coworker's wife.





Her aunt made the boys these adorable quilts.







Katie's sisters thought of so many cute ideas for the shower party. They had chocolate dipped pretzel sticks dubbed “monkey tails” and banana chips. It was a dessert lovers paradise with candy and cake pops.






Friday concluded with a double birthday party for both me niece Emma, who turned three, and my Dad who turned 61.








I bought Emma this really cute owl hat at Art in the Park.





My sister made Emma this really cute Dora The Explorer book that allows you to add your child's photo. The story was all about Emma and Dora. It was such a neat idea.







I got both girls some huge suckers that look like lips. Hailey is modeling hers.



Saturday I was invited to a baby shower for a former coworker Jenn L. The party host was my coworker/team mate Shauna.




This party rocked!!! The food theme was flavored popcorn...a genius idea! I loved trying all the different flavors. I also had trouble not going back for seconds. And thirds! There was also watermelon and pickles.





The cake was also delicious. It had raspberry filling. I had another small sliver after I ate my first plate.



We played a game where you put an ice cube into your drink that had a plastic baby frozen in it. The first one whose “water broke”, aka the baby gets out of the ice cute, wins. It was so fun! I am stealing this idea the next time I know somebody having a baby.







Jenn L's new little girl got lots of great clothes. I gave her matching aprons so one day she and her little one can cook together in the kitchen. Jenn L is a great cook/baker.




It was a really great weekend.





1 comment:

S. Galloway said...

I was happy you could come! I love that cake from the first baby shower, too cute!