9/4/13

Well, That Was Fast!


Kenyon and I sat down over the weekend and planned out some meals for dinners now that we are on the same schedule for a few weeks.  I also planned my lunches for work and my snacks, including two snacks for the days I have PT.

I was very proud of myself.  I really like having a plan and it is easier to stick to clean eating with a plan in place.  I also need to spend LESS MONEY!  My credit card was in “time out” the last week of September.  So meal planning really helps.

It was short lived.

I got an email from Kenyon yesterday saying he was thinking we needed to go to Red Robin for dinner.  He found out his car repair will be quite expensive and needed to drown his sorrows.  Hey, who am I to deny a delicious meal out?

Red Robin is a really easy place for me to navigate.  I love the customizer app and online and since any burger can be lettuce wrapped, it is very PPVs friendly.  I perused their website earlier in the day and saw they have some mini German chocolate brownie bites.  Boy did they look good!  I decided I would plan to have a chicken burger, lettuce wrapped, with pickles and BBQ sauce for just 4 PPVs.  I was also getting a side salad in place of fries and hoped to steal a few of Kenyon’s fries.  That way I could have some dessert.  There was not any NI on the dessert and judging by the picture I figured the mini bites were at least 1 or 2 PPV each.

I ended up eating a few more fries than planned.  This is Red Robin’s master plan since they put crack in their seasoning salt.  When it came time to order dessert I was sort of on the fence but decided to take it to go.  There were eight little brownie bites and they were very rich.  They were also mostly brownie so I counted them as 2 PPV each.  I ended up eating one and sharing a half of another with Kenyon.  The rest are in the fridge at home for later this week.  They will make a nice dessert bite at a later time since they are very rich.

While my credit card didn’t NEED another dining out expense, it is nice to spend time with Kenyon and enjoy some yummy food that I didn’t have to prepare.  When all was said and done I only used 9 extra PPVs.  Going with the chicken sandwich was a really good idea.

No comments: