9/7/13

My Saturday Adventures


Sorry I am checking in so late today. I have been on the go for most of the day and when I was home I have been engrossed in a really good book!

Art in the Park is an annual event in Boise where artists from all over come and showcase their talent for patrons to hopefully buy. I love checking out all the neat art.

I had planned to possibly eat something at the park but packed some snacks and food just in case.



I wasn't able to rally any friends to go with me so I stopped and picked up a back-up friend!



Art in the Park is located in Julia Davis Park. It is right by Boise State University, my alma mater. I worked in the Administration Building all through my college years in various offices throughout the building. It was quite sentimental walking across campus to get to the park this morning. There is a green belt that runs along the river next to campus. You cross over the Friendship Bridge to get to the park.










Art in the Park seems to be growing each year!












A Chobani plant just opened recently in Idaho so they were sampeling some yogurt. I have not yet tired the mix-in version and when I saw Key Lime Pie, I had to try it! The whole container with mix-ins is 5 PPVs but I didn't want to spend that much so I just had a few bites and threw the rest away. The yogurt was not super sweet and I loved the crunch of the mix-ins. I might consider getting it sometime for a fun treat.







Besides several tents set up for the artists there are lots of food options. I love shaved ice but I didn't get one.



Have you ever heard of an ice cream potato? It is delicious! It is ice cream shaped like a potato and rolled in coca powder. It is split open like a baked potato and filled with caramel and chocolate sauce and topped with whip cream and almonds. It is REALLY good. I wanted one but didn't give in. I even considered a second time a while later getting one even if I was only going to have a few bites and throw the rest away. But, I passed!  There are a few restaurants in town that sell these so it wasn't my ONLY opportunity.



I did, however, enjoy some delicious Hawaiian food. Kanack Attack catering has some of the best Kahlua pulled pork I have ever had. They also infuse their rice with coconut. It is very tasty. I had planned all week to have Kanack Attack and almost changed my mind since I had packed some food. There are not many opportunities to enjoy their food as the restaurant closed and they are strictly a catering company now. So, I got some but asked for only one scoop of rice instead of two. That way it was at least less PPVs that way.





My Mom had told me about a 90th birthday party celebration for some of our Silver City Family at a park near Melba. It is this really neat park/museum that Mr. Swayne developed for his wife Cleo. They have both passed away and the family continues to open it up to tourists. It is decorated with such a bizarre mix of things it makes for some really fun exploring.






























They have peacocks on the compound as well. Have you ever seen a white peacock? This one puffed up for us but it just isn't as pretty as the colorful feathers on a regular peacock. My three year old neice Emma said, “Hey there big chicken.” It was cute.






It was a great Saturday. I got to spend time with family and see many Owyhee County friends too.


No comments: