9/20/13

Upcoming Interview For Heather With Half Size Me


I am going to be participating in a podcast interview for Heather at Half Size Me.  I am super excited!

 

My WW friend Dawny, who also provided an interview, passed along my information to Heather.  Thanks Dawny.

I love getting my story out there and I love talking about WW.  I also really want to get my blog reader numbers up and this should help.

I will be doing my interview in October and I’ll keep you posted on how the interview went and when you can listen to my interview.  I will also keep you posted on when you can listen to Dawny’s interview, who lost twice the weight I did!  Dawny Rocks!!!

I submitted the same before and after photos to Heather that I submitted to WW for the 50th Anniversary Celebration Contest.

Here is the intro I included which she will add to her website when the interview airs:

In December of 2006 I flew to Las Vegas for vacation and I could barely buckle the seatbelt. I wasn’t aware of seatbelt extensions and I thought I was going to have to “fake it” when the flight attendant walked by. Walking around Las Vegas was exhausting. The following month, I joined Weight Watchers with a starting weight of 304.8 pounds. I was wearing a size 24 jean and a 2XL top.

I was a bit intimidated the next day while going over my meeting material as I was somebody who lived for eating out and never cooked at home. I was suddenly overwhelmed and instead of quitting right then and there, I made a decision to make Weight Watchers fit MY lifestyle. I continued to eat out; I just went to different restaurants. Slowly I started looking up recipes and experimenting with cooking at home. I bought a food scale, tracked my food, attending my Weight Watcher meetings, and started walking.

Weight Watchers became my new lifestyle and in March of 2009 I met the goal weight I set with my doctor of 175 pounds. I now wear a size 14 jean and a size medium/large top. I have continued to maintain my 130 pound weight loss for over four years. Every time I fly I am reminded of how far I have come. Not only does the seatbelt buckle but I have lots of extra to spare!

The past six and a half years have not been all sunshine and roses. Just like any journey there have been a few tears shed. But, there have also been many smiles and celebrations along the way.

Embrace your journey and always remember that you are worth it.

I look forward to talking more with Heather.  It feels almost like meeting a celebrity.  I really enjoy her podcasts, her insight, and her motivation!

 

 

No comments: