9/6/13

Re-sizing My Rings


When I was cleaning out the hall closet I found a tanzanite ring in an old jewelry box.  I bought this ring when I was in college working at ShopKo.  It might have been bought with birthday or Christmas money or something I don’t really remember.

I wore the ring on my right ring finger and must have taken it off when it got too big.  I decided to visit Fred Meyer Jewelers and see about resizing.

I found out the original ring was a size 8.  It has now been sized to 5 and ¾.  It is a beautiful ring and I am happy to be wearing it again.  The ring on my middle finger is a ring I bought through an online website shortly after I met Kenyon.  The ring has both our names and both our birthstones.  I used to wear this ring on my right hand ring finger as well.  As it got bigger (i.e. I got smaller) I had to move it to my middle finger.  It is still loose and I can wear it on my pointer finger, it just feels a little weird there.
My wedding band has been sized twice during the 6 years it has been on my finger.  I don’t remember what size it currently is but whenever I take my ring in for its bi-annual check-up I often get told I have such tiny hands.



Comments like that are funny because I know I was never a tiny person and even at my goal weight I still don’t consider myself a tiny person.  When I look at my hands I see both my Mother and my Grandmother’s hands.  I have long fingers and long nail beds. 

Ring sizing isn’t something you think about when you reflect on your weight loss journey.  Now I have one more reminder of why the past is the past, why I live in the present, and why I will always embrace the new Lindsay.

No comments: