9/2/13

I Love Fall


I absolutely love Fall! It is my favorite time of year. I look forward to the arrival of Fall each year and yet it is one of our shortest seasons in Idaho. I wish Fall could arrive on September 1st and not leave until November 30th. Boy wouldn't that be wonderful!

I love the color changing leaves and all the beautiful Fall foliage.



I love how darkness starts to comes earlier and earlier as we anticipate little trick or treater's knocking at our door.



I love fall mostly because it is also when I get to celebrate my birthday!!!



I also love that the cooler temperatures means I get to pull out my jeans and sweaters. I have always loved wearing jeans and a sweater. However, this year my jeans are starting to feel a bit snug. ::gulp::

I actually got quite the nice surprise when I stepped on the scale this morning. I was expecting a gain. Honestly I had not really done anything to anticipate anything less. Kenyon and I enjoyed several meals out this weekend and while I always stopped eating when I was comfortably full, quickly I grew very uncomfortable in my jeans (yes, I am wearing jeans already as I freeze to death in air conditioning and I haven't felt like shaving my legs. Don't feel bad for Kenyon, he is used to my hairy legs).

I have put on about four pounds in the last few weeks. It started with my back pain, lack of exercise, and eating my emotions. From there I just tried to keep it at bay and not gain anymore. I made a goal last week to not use many of my WPPAs. I also wanted to focus on Power Foods. I feel that I at least balanced my low PPV meals with high PPV meals. I also got in many Power Foods in my meals prepared at home. I ate some ice cream this weekend as well and felt very snacky yesterday afternoon. I must have done well balancing it all because I had a slight loss when I got on the scale.

I am not about to tempt fate a second time! This week will include a salad for all of my lunches. I am also needing to plan some dinner meals and build in a few snack ideas. I start my day shift rotation on Tuesday and so that means getting my body adjust to a new routine, yet again. I will also have to develop a new exercise routine when I am feeling better and able to do so. That is another benefit of fall weather and cooler temperatures. It means being able to get out for a walk after work and not risk dying of heat stroke.

So, I will leave you will my usual motto: Onward we go!




No comments: