9/27/13

Las Vegas Adventures - Part Three


If you missed my Vegas Ladies Weekend recaps you can find Part One here and Part Two here.

Our flight didn't leave Vegas until 4:35pm so we still had a little bit of time to enjoy the remainder of our weekend. Danielle was able to show me a side of Vegas I have never seen before: the spa.

We headed to breakfast at Planet Dailies. We were both wanting something yummy like a cinnamon roll or waffles so we split an omelet with home-fried potatoes and ordered a cinnamon roll. It hit the spot!




We had an awesome waitress and when I asked for cream and a lot of Splenda for my coffee she delivered. Nothing says morning like an overdose of sugar substitute.


Our resort fee at the hotel included use of the fitness center and the spa facilities. I have never been to a spa for anything other than a massage so Danielle was happy to show me the ropes. We checked out of our room and into Spa by Mandara. We put on some robes and sat in the steam room and the jacuzzi. It was heaven and after all the alcohol I consumed my body feel good to sweat a bit. Since it is a full spa they also have all the amenities for showering and getting ready. The products provided for use smelled so good. It was a really relaxing experience.

We ventured on foot to Bellagio so we could see the decorations in the conservatory. They change the decorations about four times a year. It was all decked out for fall. The need to photo-bomb everybody taking photos around me was huge...but I resisted. I think I have created a monster!























Inside the Bellagio is also some amazing artwork by Dale Chihuly.




For our final meal in Vegas we headed to Paris in search of yummy french pastries. We found a little restaurant called Cafe Belle Madeline which had the most amazing looking dessert case. 




They also had prepared salads at a decent price. I ordered the tiramisu and Danielle ordered a cheesecake so we could have a little of each. I liked her cheesecake best.






It was time to say goodbye to Las Vegas, at least for this trip, and we hailed a cab to the airport. We arrived about an hour and half early. We joked it was the only time this weekend we were early! I was again made fun of on the plane ride home when I ordered my special drinks. The flight attendant was hilarious! I had a mix of orange juice and cranberry juice and rum this time instead of vodka.


Our drinks on our return flight were compliments of two people we didn't know. When I was printing my boarding pass for the flight I saw there were two separate free drink coupons that were unclaimed. The rules of the drink tickets are that they cannot be sold, bought, bartered, or traded. Nothing says they can't be stolen. Thank you to whomever gave us our free drinks!

With all good things...it came to and end. I had so much fun with Danielle and I am so happy she was willing to travel with me. I look forward to other travel opportunities in the future.

No comments: