9/26/13

Las Vegas Adventures - Part Two


If you missed Part One about my Vegas Ladies Weekend you can find it here.

Danielle and I were having so much fun that I had to split up the posts. I took this week off work as a bit of a stay-cation so my post is a little late again.  I am not on the computer as much when I am home vs at work.

Sunday was devoted to a trip to the Premium Outlet Mall so I could visit the Coach Outlet. We didn't get up and moving really early and since we had found out during our trip to BurGR for dessert that 11am was the best time to try and get a seat. We really wanted to try these amazing looking burgers we saw the night before.

I had an apple and granola bar with peanut butter to tide me over. Danielle and I went to Planet Dailies, located in the hotel, for a quick bite for her. I opted for just coffee since it was going to be only a few hours until our early lunch.


Our early trip to BurGR paid off and we were seated right away. I would like to also add that the service at BurGR is top notch! The hostess and waitstaff were very friendly and accommodating. You didn't have to wait for a refill on water. There are many reasons this is such a great place to eat I can understand why there is a long line.

It was a tough decision as they had many delicious looking burgers. Danielle and I decided to order two different ones and share half of each. We also knew we had to try a serving of their Parmesan truffle fries. And, what goes better with a good burger then a beer? I had a Blue Moon. Yum!




We ordered one burger with three different kinds of cheese and another with mango chutney and arugula. I am a lettuce and pickle person with my burger so I got some on the side to add to my cheese half. It was sweet pickles though. Not the same.






One we had food in our bellies we boarded the express bus to the outlet mall. The bus system in Vegas is great. Our previously purchased $8 pass was good for 24 hours and included the express bus to get to the mall. 




It took about 30 minutes to get to the outlet mall. After walking around the mall for about two hours I left with a new Coach purse for me and one for my sister Jenny. I got Katie a Coach purse at the outlet mall in New Mexico earlier this year so I needed to also get one for Jenny. I hope she likes it.



We boarded the express bus and headed back to our hotel room. We didn't have much time to primp before we had to head out for our second show of the weekend.  Shopping is tough stuff! We stopped at Heat Bar in our hotel to grab a drink and get checked in for our flight. The 2 for 1 drinks only included Sky vodka so I had a mix of pineapple and cranberry juice.



There was a sale associate at one of the outlet mall stores that asked what hotel we were staying at.  He said the popcorn shop is a must try when visiting Vegas.  We had smelled popcorn the day before so we set out in search for it.  We found it in the Miracle Mile Mall.  Garrett serves fresh warm popcorn in a variety of flavors. It tasted so different then other store bought popcorn and was hard to stop eating.  I got a mix of cheese, buttered, and caramel.  I was still munching on this bag as we waited for our flight at the airport.  Delicious!




After we were late to Carrot Top the day before we knew we wanted to have extra time to grab a bite to eat and not be late...again. I think we had bad karma this weekend because as we were riding the bus to Mandalay Bay I got out our tickets to make sure the doors opened at 7pm. It turns out our show was at 7pm and not 7:30pm as we thought. So there went our window of having extra time!!! Thankfully we were not late. We had just enough time to grab something quick. I had a pretzel sandwich but forgot to snap a photo.

Our show for the night was Michael Jackson One Cirque de Soleil. You are allowed to take photos before the show started but not once the show begins. Funny story: at Carrot Top I knew you couldn't take photos during the show but I thought I could snap a photo as he was finished and of the set once we left. It turns out you can't! I was promptly met at the door my security and told to delete my photos immediately. Don't worry, I confirmed I could take photos before the show began on Sunday night!







As usual, the Cirque show did not disappoint. It was fun music and great costumes. It was neat to see everybody dancing in their seats. The old lady next to me fell asleep! That was an expensive nap and quite impressive the noise and lights didn't wake her. If you are ever in Las Vegas any of the Cirque shows are worth the extra money.  What I loved about Michael Jackson One is that you could almost feel MJ's there with us.  It makes me sad that future generations will not know what an amazing performer he was.


Since our show was early we boarded the Duce and headed to Fremont Street. It is a covered area in old town Las Vegas with a light show every hour on the top of the dome.  The light show was about Queen with music and photos. After a few drinks, it got us dancing in the street! This was a Malibu Rum, coconut rum, and pineapple juice. Delicious! And much cheaper then drinks on the Strip.


We had the some fun “photo-bombing” people. This might have been the highlight of the weekend. Photo-bombing is where you jump into the photo with somebody else while they are having their picture taken. I guess I'll blame it on the alcohol giving me courage to do it!

We needed food so when we spotted a Tony Roma's and knew we HAD to stop in.  We don't have any in Idaho anymore and we both love their potato soup.  We both had a bowl of soup and a side salad.



We had hoped to do some gambling at the $3 blackjack tables but had trouble finding one. So we boarded the bus towards Circus Circus to see if we could find their $3 tables. We ended up on the wrong bus so we never went by Circus Circus. Vegas is quite scary when you get off the Strip! We headed back to our hotel but all the tables were $15 and $25 so we just called it a night.

Hard to believe but there is just a little bit more fun to be had!





No comments: