9/19/13

My Surprise From Kenyon


Kenyon asked me yesterday when I got home from work if I found any surprises in my lunch bag.  I had not but when he mentioned it I noticed the side pockets were budging more than normal.  I opened each pocket to find two bags of mini candy bars.  Wow!  Talk about a surprise.  I wish I had found those after my lunch when I was wanting a bit of something sweet!

It was quite funny that Kenyon got me some candy. 

You see, Kenyon never reads my blog.  While he was in New Mexico our sister-in-law Julie was talking about starting a blog for our niece’s kindergarten class.  Kenyon pulled up my blog to show Julie a little bit of what a blog is when low and behold my post for that day was of The Case Of The Missing Ice Cream Shake and outing Kenyon for eating it.  Whoops!  We at least got a good laugh out of it.

Then, Monday Kenyon met an out-of-town friend for dinner while I was working overtime.  I secretly hoped that he might bring me some dessert.  Sadly, that didn’t happen.  He also didn’t leave me any candy in the house.

Remember my post from yesterday about it not being fair tobring candy into the house because Kenyon will eat it?  Yep.  He found my most recent candy stash and ate it.  Much like the case of the missing ice cream I must not have needed the candy anyway!

Kenyon made good though and got me some candy.  I was really happy when I found my surprise.  He knows I like butterfinger, which he doesn’t like, so he got me a bag of mini butterfinger, babyruth, and crunch bars.  I don’t really like crunch bars so I shared those with him.  Aren’t I a nice wifey?

This is why my other half is so fun to have around.  I like that he saw candy and thought of me!  If you happen to be reading this post Kenyon, thanks again!!  Even though you had to tell me you surprised me I am glad you were thinking about me.

No comments: